3-day Queen Elizabeth National Park Safari starting from Kigali is an exciting adventure that allows you to explore the diverse wildlife and stunning landscapes of Uganda.
Day 1: Kigali to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Early morning departure from Kigali, Rwanda, and a scenic drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park in Uganda.
- Cross the border between Rwanda and Uganda, ensuring you have the necessary travel documents.
- Arrive at the park and check-in at your accommodation.
- In the afternoon, embark on a boat cruise along the Kazinga Channel, which connects Lake Edward and Lake George. This cruise offers an opportunity to spot hippos, crocodiles, elephants, and various bird species.
- Return to your accommodation for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2: Game Drive and Chimpanzee Tracking
- Start the day with an early morning game drive in the Kasenyi Plains of Queen Elizabeth National Park. This area is known for its diverse wildlife, including lions, elephants, buffaloes, antelopes, and numerous bird species.
- After the game drive, return to your accommodation for breakfast.
- In the afternoon, proceed to the Kyambura Gorge for a chimpanzee tracking experience. Hike through the forested gorge, accompanied by experienced guides, in search of these fascinating primates.
- After the chimpanzee tracking, return to your accommodation for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 3: Ishasha Sector and Return to Kigali
- Enjoy an early morning breakfast and check out from your accommodation.
- Depart for the Ishasha sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park, known for its tree-climbing lions. Explore the area and try to spot these unique lions lounging in the branches of fig trees.
- Have lunch at a designated picnic spot within the park.
- After lunch, begin your return journey to Kigali, crossing the border between Uganda and Rwanda.
- Arrive in Kigali in the late afternoon or early evening, where the tour concludes.